Captain Maaruti is 6 month old today .....

 Annaprasana


I can’t believe, Maaruti growing up so quickly! He almost ready for solid food now. I am so blessed that I get to spend all my time with him– watching Maaruti grow is utter joy. Today he is exactly 6 month old and I performed simple Annarprasana ritual at my home.  After do prayers , i introduce sweet rice(pongga soru) to him . So first feed by Maaruti mother and followed by my self , Then all the family members feed him . After the feeding of the food we played a game that is traditional to the ceremony. A selection of items are laid out in front of the child and what he chooses tells us what his aim in life will be: a book for learning, pen for career ,gold for wealth etc,other things that i put including fruit,flowers,my handphone and laptop . I put him on the floor , first he went directly towards gold ring but he did not pick it , He the opt for his toy phone but I’m not sure what this means for him but the toy might be eye catching for him since its colorful i guess. He completely ignored the mobile phone!Laptop! Means he might be not interested in the technology ..maybe :-) .I don't believe it personally as this might way might tell us the children interest in future but it was fun .

This is what Captain is able to do now :
  •     Maaruti is able to sit independently but body still bending toward down
  •     Gets excited when he hear animal sounds
  •     Loves to be outdoors
  •     Shrieks as loud as when he sees something that excites him
  •     Raises his hands up and down in a banging motion
  •     Turns away and raise hand when someone else approaches to carry him
  •     Bends backwards to see what’s behind or who is carrying him
  •     Lifting his head off the ground by himself

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valaikappu(Indian bangle wearing ceromony)

Hanuman and Sita Mother necklace

Combating Global Warming